Saturday 26 February 2011

Square Enix

Square Enix originally known as Square Soft were the company who created my favorite game Final Fantasy VII. They have always been my biggest inspiration for wanting to work for the gaming industry.
I would love the opportunity to go and work for them, they are my goal to try and achieve in my life. So with this thought i have been doing some research into them and found out that they are only based around Japan and USA, although i already knew this, this has made me think that i would have to move across the world to try and work for them, which at the moment is very unlikely. I need to gain experience and get a career somewhere in England first and once i have all the experience and skills i need, only then can i think of moving. But another thing to keep in mind is that i may need to learn another language, for example Japanese. I have always wanted to travel there, so i have always had this thought in mind.
Most of Square Enix job roles want you to have at least four years experience in the gaming industry.



Here are some screen shoots from there careers section, above is for just one of the job roles within the industry. They only place up the experience you need when there is a certion job role available, but they are not currently looking for 3D modelers so i can not be completely sure on what experience i will need, but this gives me a rough idea on what i should be looking to aim for.

No comments:

Post a Comment